Fives, the historical world-leader in reheating furnaces
State-of-the-art equipment with best technologies
Fives' expertise in reheating furnaces design covers all aspects of the steel processing including, process systems, eco-efficiency, and performance:
- Mechanical equipment is simplified to facilitate easier maintenance
- Equipped with AdvanTek® Burners this successful proprietary equipment allows flame length adjustment to be fully decoupled from the burner power control resulting in optimize heating
- AdvanTek® Burners versatility is demonstrated by its capability to use all types of fuel available on the steel plant and can operate in dual fuel mode mixing 2 fuels directly within the burner diffusers
- Thanks to our Level 2 optimization system a wide range of control software based on mathematical algorithm, fuzzy logic, etc...
Fives is the historical world-leader in furnaces for the steel industry
It has developed the concept of Digital Control in the 1990's.
The first industrial application was in 1995 for the conversion to on-off firing of an existing furnace, originally having proportional control. The first fully Stein Digit@l Furnace® in the world was conceived in 1999 and went into service in 2000, in the USA.
In the last ten years, Fives has sold 60 reheating furnaces with Digit@l Furnace® technology (35 for slab reheating process and 25 for the reheating of long products). This overwhelming success demonstrates that the Stein Digit@l Furnace® range, and in particular the new generation Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0, is the best value for your money available on the market, when taking into account initial investment, operating costs, scale loss and product quality.
The Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0, the lowest OPEX reheating furnace, has received the Fives Engineered Sustainability® label:
- An accredited brand for Fives best-in-class products in terms of environmental performance
- A process for systematically reviewing impacts and continuously improving our products while efficiently communicating benefits to the market.
Thanks to its efficiency and low consumption, the Stein Digit@l Furnace® is now a standard on the market and is a dramatic step forward in steel production. Major steel players in the world, such as voestalpine Stahl, ATI Allegheny Ludlum, Handan, USIMINAS, OMK, Colakoglu, Isdemir... and many others are now equipped with the Stein Digit@l Furnace® from Fives.
Range of reheating furnaces
|Walking beam furnace||Stein Digit@l Furnace®, with Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0, ultra low Nox on/off control furnace|
Stein Reheating WBF
|Walking hearth furnaces||Stein Reheating WHF|
Stein Reheating PF
Stein Heatreat RollHF
|Stein Heatreat RtHF|
Our range of Reheating Furnaces