Stein Digit@l Furnace®, flexible walking beam furnaces
Best value on the market
The Stein Digit@l Furnace® Technology and in particular the new generation Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0, is the best value for your money available on the market, when taking into account initial investment, operation costs, scale loss and product quality.
Walking beam furnaces (Stein Digit@l Furnace® range) for the reheating of: slabs, beam blanks, blooms and billets.
The Stein Digit@l Furnace® technology is applicable for all types of furnaces producing semi-finished products, as follows:
- Hot rolled coil for automotive quality (carbon steel) and for other different steel grades (stainless or electrical steel)
- Heavy plate for different applications such as building, bridges,pressure vessels, tubes, pipes and shipbuilding
- Rails for high speed trains, sections, profiles for building applications, and wire rods
Stein Digit@l Furnace®
Fives has developed and industrially proven a new innovative technology which has been incorporated into the reheating furnace design under the brand name Stein Digit@l Furnace®
- Straight Line Furnace Casing: easy maintenance, and sustainable furnace lifetime With 100% lateral burners in the top zones, meaning that roof burners can be avoided, which results in less maintenance.
- Independent lateral AdvanTek® burners: flexibility and quality. Each pair of burners is an independent control zone, hence improved heating control and product uniformity.
- Individual on/off control: energy saving. Very Low consumption over the full production range and Ultra Low NOx emissions
Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0 for ATI Allegheny Ludlum, U.S.A
ATI Allegheny, one of the largest metal producers in the world of value added products, selected Fives to design and supply two walking beam furnaces (Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0) in Brackenridge, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
It was part of a contract received by Siemens VAI Metals Technologies for the new advanced specialty metal hot rolling and processing facility which started up in the first quarter of 2014.
These two furnaces are designed to reach unrivalled ultra-low NOx performance levels combined with high energy efficiency over the full operating range of production. These furnaces are equipped with the latest generation of Ultra low NOx Advantek® burners (Modulating and Central Wide Flame burners).
Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0
Our new generation of Stein Digit@l Furnace®, the Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0, has received the Fives Engineered Sustainability® label
- An accredited Fives brand for best-in-class products, in terms of environmental performance
- A process for systematically reviewing environmental impacts and continuously improving our products, while efficiently communicating benefits to the market
Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0 the lowest OPEX reheat furnace available on the market.
|Fuel savings||5% reduction compared to competitor system|
|NOx emissions||10% to 20% reduction compared to competitor|
|Flame length adjustment||Fully decoupled from burner power control in Stein Digit@l Furnace® technology|