Innovative equipment & solutions
Ability to devise solutions that meet state-of-the-art requirements
With its flexible, responsive and highly-skilled teams, Fives can meet the requirements of emerging players on the steel market. It develops tailor-made solutions by listening to its customers.
High value-added equipment
For several decades, Fives has been gaining experience in designing steel production equipment. Today, this experience translates into a technological edge in select equipment and services, for example:
- Burners: burners designed by Fives significantly reduce Nox emissions
- Metal rolling: Fives has developed a 20-roll mill that can process steel strips at a record speed of 1200 m/minute
- Metallurgical expertise: the teams from KEODS have given Fives a vast wealth of knowledge on metal to help steelmakers obtain the quality they want to achieve, even for certification in the automotive industry
- Metal forming: Fives can design and supply the largest range of tube & pipe mills available on the international market, for tubes diameter 4.75 to 686mm.
Increasingly efficient plants
Fives offers its customers state-of-the-art technology because it is part of the everyday changes in the equipment segment.
This process expertise has led it to develop end-to-end solutions, for example automation systems that optimize line operations. Fives also designs solutions and equipment that help reduce the overall environmental impact of the steel manufacturing process.
With Engineered Sustainability®, the Fives Group has committed to providing the most energy efficient and environmentally conscious equipment and processes. This eco-design program has helped showcase the benefits of the Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0 with burners that operate at 100% capacity and emit 10-20% less Nox. The furnace's flexibility and efficiency also help it reduce consumption by 5%.
- Automation & control systems
- Fives, the historical world-leader in reheating furnaces
- AdvanTek®, burners with full automatic ON/OFF control
- Fives' ERW mill equipment: the largest product range on the market
- Strip Rolling