Bronx bar straighteners
Fives has been designing Bronx bar straighteners for more than 60 years. Today’s product offering incorporates all that experience to offer clients machines that meet the challenging demands of bar manufacturers. The Bronx machines cover a range from 1.5mm to 300mm in diameter, and possess high throughput speeds of up to 180 meters per minute, depending upon machine type, bar size and application.
A one-man operation
The Bronx bar straighteners are custom-built to suit individual client requirements and bespoke workshop layouts. With its automated handling equipment, the straightening line is a one-man operation.
Bronx bar straightener main features:
- The hydraulic roll load control device maintains straightening load throughout the operation.
- Compass automatic setting system (COMPASS), enables work rolls and guide bar height adjustment to be set from the HMI screen, located at the operator's control desk.
- Improved work roll life and condition, due to the use of through-hardened heat treatment processes.
- Advanced work roll technology, ensuring greater line contact between the roll profile and product, providing greater straightness and ovality condition.
- Work rolls can be re-profiled a number of times, before replacement becomes necessary.
- Individual adjustment of all work roll axes, so that settings can be optimised, for any given bar size, within the capacity of the machine.
Bronx two-roll straighteners
All Bronx two-roll straighteners feature:
• Rapid changing of guide bars
• Quick and easy guide bar surface inspection
• Exposure of work rolls for inspection
• Easy removal of scale
• High degree of surface straightness and finish
• Fully automatic and motorised operation
Bronx multi-roll straighteners
Bronx multi-roll straighteners are generally used in conjunction with a high-speed mill, providing:
- High-speed straightening up to 180 m/min
- Easy removal of scale
- Positioning guide or bearer bars not required
- High-degree of surface straightness and finish
- Fully automatic and motorised operation
Two-roll ‘smart machine’
Bronx two-roll straighteners can process steel bars measuring up to 80 mm in diameter at operating speeds of up to 75 m/min. These machines are fully automatic and motorized and come complete with ancillary electrical and hydraulic control systems. They are designed and typically pre-assembled at Fives’ workshop in the UK.
“It’s a very smart machine: all work roll and guide bar functions are set automatically from the HMI panel, located within the operator’s control desk. Advanced heat treatment processes and profile technology enables the machine work rolls to provide greater product straightness and ovality criteria, before re-profiling or roll change becomes necessary,” says Jane Zhang, Fives Bronx representative in China, where a number of Bronx straighteners have been sold.
Recent references include Baosteel Special Metals Shaoguan, China, and Turkish steel producer ÇEMTAS.
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here