Stein Reheating WBF, a walking beam furnace
Stein Reheating Walking Beam Furnace (WBF) is heavy-duty equipment, customized to requirements.
Fives’ range of Stein Reheating WBF - conventional walking beam furnaces - is designed to reheat long and flat products efficiently and effectively. This equipment is tailored to customer requirements to offer the optimum solution for your application. Prefabrication technology enables quick and easy installation.
Stein Reheating WBF is suitable for reheating billets, blooms, beam blanks and slabs at throughput rates from 60 up to 500 t/h and for products weighing up to 67 tons.
Utilized in the production of carbon, alloy, stainless or special steels, these heavy-duty furnaces incorporate:
- Patented double tube skid design to minimize losses and shadow effect
- Customized charging and discharging machines, according to the application
- Very low scale formation
- All types of fuels (natural gas, fuel oil, COG, BFG, mixed gas, etc.)
- Reduced consumption due to AdvanTek® burners
- Individual on/off control with Virtuo® thermal solution
Stein Reheating WBF furnace design benefits from:
- Heavy-duty equipment design
- Mechanics installed away from heat for less maintenance and longer life
- Precise and robust guiding to avoid misalignment
- Optimized skid design to minimize losses
- Minimize skid marks (skids spacing and staggering)
- Different lining configurations
- Prefabrication technology if desired
— SteelAsia Manufacturing Corp. (SteelAsia) entrusted Fives with the order to supply a 100 t/h Stein Reheating WBF to produce rebar and section steel products for its Batangas site in the Philippines.
— Acerinox Group ordered a 50 t/h Stein Reheating WBF 1.0 for the long product mill at its Roldán, S.A. facility in Ponferrada, Spain. The furnace was constructed using prefabricated technology, significantly reducing onsite build time. The furnace includes Virtuo™ Level 2 optimizing system, AdvanTek® flat flame roof burners (BFP) 1.0 and longitudinal firing burners (BLF) 1.0 burners, staggered skids and posts design, low energy consumption and temperature homogeneity between surface and core of 12˚C.
— The 60 t/h Stein Reheating WBF 1.0 was supplied for the special bar mill at the Sidenor Azkoitia plant in Spain. Prefabricated technology was used, significantly reducing construction time. The furnace features Virtuo® Level 2 optimizing system, AdvanTek® BLF 1.0 and BPP 1.0 burners, side charging and discharging, including rollers and machines, and a high preheated air temperature.
— ArcelorMittal Gipuzkoa Olaberria, Spain, placed a turnkey supply order for a Stein Reheating WBF 1.0 to reheat products up to 8 tons. The furnace incorporates heating equipment with BFP, BLF and BMF (flux modulating) burners installed in the lower zones, as well as the Virtuo® Level 2 thermal solution. The furnace also features front charging and front discharging, including rollers and machines for one or two rows.
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.