Surface inspection system tuning
Fives uses its extensive expertise to fine-tune automatic Surface Inspection Systems (SIS) from all main suppliers, including DeepGray, Parsytec, Ametek (Cognex) and Primetals. This service covers all lines, including: hot strip mills, pickling, cold rolling, and continuous annealing and galvanizing lines.
SIS tuning to reach automatic classification
The target of a SIS is to detect and classify all defects with the right name and size. The SIS supplier installs and sets up the system to detect all defects with a clear picture. Fives ensures that the system is programmed to automatically classify defect pictures with the right name and right intensity. This way steelmakers are aware of all the defects on the strip and can take the necessary measures.
SIS tuning process
- Technical specification of the equipment according to customers’ needs: e.g. type of production line, products, end customers
- Tests and acceptance of the supplied equipment
- Interface between customer and supplier to specify information required for defect control management
- Tuning system parameters to reach specified performance
- Detection tuning
- Rules of post treatment based on metallurgical expertise to get good data from the SIS
- Data archiving and storage
- Training to manage and maintain SIS in autonomy
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.