Stein Digit@l Furnace
Stein Digit@l Furnace® reheating furnace: low OPEX, high performance
Fives is proud to design and supply the steel industry’s most cost-effective walking beam furnace for the reheating of slabs, beam blanks, blooms and billets. More than 150 years of expertise in thermal engineering have gone into the design of the Stein Digit@l Furnace® technology, and in particular the latest generation Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0. Today this equipment offers the best value for money on the market when taking into account initial investment, operating costs, scale loss and product quality.
The Stein Digit@l Furnace features:
- Flat roof profile
- Side burners only
- High convection inside furnace
- Recuperative zone length adjusted to production
- Low exhaust temperatures
- Optimum heating curves
- Transient stages optimised
- Flame length adjustment (optional)
- Independent firing
- Level 2 optimization with profile feedback
The Stein Digit@l Furnace advantages:
- Consistent flame shape and heating quality
- Ultra low NOx: lower than 50 ppm
- Fuel saving: 5% reduction compared to market furnaces
- Digital combustion system with AdvanTek® burners: flame length adjustment
- Homogeneous temperature in the heating chamber and product section
- Individual on/off control with Virtuo® thermal solution
- Minimized scale loss and decarburization
- Longer refractory lifetime
- Reduced maintenance
Stein Digit@l Furnace® technology was developed to answer the steel industry’s need for equipment that can adapt to the variable demand of different applications. It can be applied to all types of semi-finished products, including:
- Hot-rolled coil for automotive quality (carbon) steel and for other steel grades (stainless or electrical steel)
- Heavy plate for different applications, such as construction, bridges, pressure vessels, tubes, pipes and shipbuilding
- Rails for high-speed trains, sections, profiles for building applications, wire rods and construction steels
References (flat products)
- Two 450 t/h Stein Digit@l Furnace® for the 5 mln t/y hot strip mill - JSW Dolvi Works (India)
- Two 300 t/h Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0 - Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI), ATI Flat Rolled Products (USA)
- Two 300 t/h Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0 - Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), Rourkela Steel Plant (India)
- 300 t/h Stein Digit@l Furnace® AT 2.0 - Steel Authority of India Ltd. (SAIL), Bokaro plant (India)
- Two 200 t/h Stein Digit@l Furnace® for the new metallurgical complex Mill-5000 - Vyksa Steel Works, OMK group (Russia)
References (long products)
- 150 t/h billet reheating Stein Digit@l Furnace® 2.0 for the new bar mill - Bastug (Turkey)
- 180 t/h billet reheating Stein Digit@l Furnace® 2.0 for the rolling mill - Diler Demir Çelik (Turkey)
- 70 t/h billet reheating Stein Digit@l Furnace® 2.0 for the new section mill - Izmir Demir Çelik (Turkey)
- The first billet Stein Digit@l Furnace® in Europe; 250 t/h beam blank reheating Stein Digit@l Furnace® 2.0 - elsa Groupfor (Spain, Poland)
- 200 t/h & 160 t/h billet reheating Stein Digit@l Furnace® - Jindal Steel (India)
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here