Push pull pickling lines
As car manufacturers continue to seek increasingly lightweight, high-strength steel products, the pickling process has become challenging due to the oxides produced by the alloying metals. The robust and efficient design of Fives' push pull pickling line ensures superior oxide removal from hot rolled coils. Particularly suited to lines processing changing strip width or thickness, the benefits of a push pull line include:
- Granite tank protection
- High turbulence acid circulation
- Wide range of product thickness (1– 16mm)
- Advanced chemical control for low consumption and low effluents
- Efficient rinsing and drying
High efficiency turbulent pickling tanks
To further increase pickling efficiency, the pickling tanks are designed with a highly turbulent circulation system. While non-turbulent pickling systems experience decreasing pickling efficiency along the length of the tank, turbulent pickling tanks utilise acid injection from both sides to ensure aggressive turbulence throughout the strip.
Hot acid is injected directly at the strip edge, perpendicular to the direction of strip travel, ensuring a turbulent flow pattern is established.
- Elimination of pickling ‘dead zones’
- Increased efficiency results in reduced pickling time, especially when combined with scale breaking
- Low acid consumption as result of low over-pickling; low accumulation of sludge
- Uniform heat distribution over tank length, regardless of line speed
- Side injection across strip edge, notably the most difficult area to pickle
This translates to reduced acid recovery costs, reduced and simplified maintenance, and precise control over the pickling process for a better quality end product. The system is controlled from the operator desk, where temperatures are monitored, stored and can be adjusted in accordance with operational requirements. When the pickling line stops, the pickling fluid automatically drains into the circulation tank. Bypass heating is carried out automatically for fast line restart. Pickling solution is added to the last pickling tank and cascades to the first pickling tank where an equal quantity of pickle liquor is drawn off to ensure a consistent acid concentration.
Push pull pickling line advanced design for AHSS
Fives utilizes advanced 3D modeling and stress analysis to ensure superior quality equipment design. The push pull pickling line includes a range of benefits as standard, including:
- Spray bar design allows for bar removal while line is running; spray bars can be changed quickly
- The efficient and effective counter flow cascade uses less water
- The control system continuously monitors water quality and the amount of water used
- The use of condensate eliminates the need for demineralized water
- The easy-maintenance external circulation tank has a larger circulation volume for pump protection
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here