Bronx bar straighteners
Fives has been designing Bronx bar straighteners for more than 60 years. Today’s product offering incorporates all that experience to bring customers machines that are suitable for either cold or hot rolled bars, and for any material composition, with sizes ranging from 5mm to over 100mm in diameter.
Bronx two-roll and multi-roll bar machines are used worldwide, providing high levels of productivity, excellent standards of straightness, surface finish and controlled surface hardness.
Bronx bar straighteners: high throughput speeds
Bronx bar straighteners are custom-built to suit individual requirements. Featuring high throughput speeds of over 70 meters per minute, these efficient machines also feature automatic handling equipment, allowing one-man operation. The hydraulic roll load control device maintains straightening load throughout the operation, while roll changing is designed to be quick and efficient.
Bronx bar straightener main features:
- Compass automatic setting system (COMPASS), enabling work rolls and guide bar height adjustment to be set from the HMI panel, located at the operators control desk
- Improved work roll life and condition, due to use of through-hardened heat treatment processes
- Advanced roll technology, ensuring greater line contact between the roll profile and product, providing greater straightness and ovality condition
- Work rolls can be re-profiled a number of times, before replacement becomes necessary
- Individual angular adjustment of all work rolls, so that settings can be optimised, for any given bar size, within the capacity of the machine
Two-roll ‘smart machine’
Bronx two-roll straighteners can process steel bars measuring up to 80 mm in diameter at operating speeds of up to 75 m/min. These machines are fully automatic and motorized and come complete with ancillary electrical and hydraulic control systems. They are designed and typically pre-assembled at Fives’ workshop in the UK.
“It’s a very smart machine: all work roll and guide bar functions are set automatically from the HMI panel, located within the operator’s control desk. Advanced heat treatment processes and profile technology enables the machine work rolls to provide greater product straightness and ovality criteria, before re-profiling or roll change becomes necessary,” says Jane Zhang, Fives Bronx representative in China, where a number of Bronx straighteners have been sold.
Recent references include Baosteel Special Metals Shaoguan, China, and Turkish steel producer ÇEMTAS.